Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ruapehu and Ngauruhoe

The weekend after I came back from Tonga I went to Mt Rapheu to learn how to handle the New Zealand Mountains in winter, and some ice climbing. I learned self arrest with iceaxe and how to walk with crampons. To try out my new knowledge we then climbed Mt Ngauruhoe (also known as Mt Doom :) The last day I got to try out some ice climbing. This time I managed to not get the ice axe in my head as last time I tried (in Jotunheimen, Norway many years ago…)

Marty and Shiva

James belaying and a beutiful sunset!

Mt Ngauruhoe in twilight (we got up at 5 am to go there...)


Me climbing on the back side of the cafe in Wakapapa skifield. Very practical, you climb up and then u can go and buy a coffee!


Owen lead climbing The Waterfall with the Pinnacles in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment