Monday, July 28, 2008

Nevada, Eureka and Lost Rock

From Zion we drove through Nevada, and in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere, on what is called US loneliest highway Kristin suddenly notice blinking light behind us while we are driving.... I get a bit scared an pulles over, and since no one comes I open the door to get out of the car. This makes Jake pull me back, saying I should never do that! When the police officer comes he is really mad and says that no one not having done anything wrong would get out of the car like that! He gets me to go out of the car, and sit on the front of the police car, and starts asking me out suspecting me to have drugs and acting exactly like police in a movie!

The reason he pulled me over he claims is because I was to fast through a stop sign (it was completly flat there and not a single car for houres...) but he probably just stoped us because we looked a bit shabby and young, and therefor could have drugs... I seriously was about to cry sitting alone on the front of the car waiting for the officer to call whoever he was calling.... After showing norwegian passport and looking really scared he luckely let us go quite fast (at least fast compared to what he could have done according to Jake). If there is something I really do not like about the US its the police! And an advice to everybody: never EVER go out of the car if you get pulled over in the states!

The next day we drove through northern california and experienced more than 45 degrees C in Redding and some huge wildfires closer to the coast. At one point me and Kristin just sopped telling our mums what we where doing :)

We then went to Jakes parents in Eureka, got some really good food and slept in beds, and then we headed towards Oregon and Portland, with a stop for some beach bouldering in Lost Rock and a stop in Corvallis.


Jake and his mum Sarah like brown cheese!!! :D



Kristin in Lost Rocks

Lost Rock

In Corvallis I finnaly got some proper american hamburger!!

No comments:

Post a Comment