Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spring is in the air..

.. the snow is melting, it is perfect condition for both ski mountaineering and climbing, but there is to much stress at uni, with Experts in Team and Produkt design projekts due soon, to have much fun...

And it also meant that I had to change from winter to summer tyres on the car. I am normally pro equality between the sexes, but this is one of the few things I really would like to just be to girly to manage to do! Yes, I know, is good to be self suffisient and able to do it your self etc, but it is boring, dirty and annoying and I always mess it up. Like today, I got everything out and got started, but then I just can't get the first screw to loosen, and I'm swearing and almost trowing the tool at something. Then this old guy around my grandfather age who can barly walk comes by whatch me, and kindly tells me maybe I sould wait to jack up the car untill I have loosend the screws, because that way the tyre wont keep on turning... And then he jacks the car down and have no problems at all getting them loose!

Later, when I got the first tyre on, it turns out I did not learn my lesson. What happens if you uses all your powers to tighten the screws when the car is jacked up, is that the whole jack falls down, and so does the car, exactly like last time I changed tyres... Anyway, I did manage to change all 4 tyres, and thougth then maybe I should check the air pressure in them. So I go to the gas station and realizes that I actually have never done that before, but I think how hard can that be, I have 4 years of engineering education, I should be able to do this. So I try, but just cant see what the pressure is, and I keep on trying whitout any luck, so I go inside and ask what I do wrong and a guy comes with me to see. When he check the tyre it turns out that I in my trying have almost filled it so full of air that it exploded, and that seeing what the pressure is, was actually so easy that I didn't think of it... And I study mechanical engineeing... :)





Ski testing for Experts in Team in Granåsen. Stian is gliding, Steffen noting the results, Eirik is photographing and Håkon is encouraging :) Now the experiments are over (snow is melting...) and we just have the reports left....



Where I should spend my time.... (I should like Martine be working hard on for instance our produkt design project, in "The machine room" as our study area is called)



Where I would like to spend my time... Not nessesarily exactly here, but you get the point :) (This is Sindre, Mattias and Gaute boulerding in Korsvika, which is basically almost in the city)

No comments:

Post a Comment